SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, May 23, 2019

New Orleans!


Last year, Fer surprised me with a trip to New Orleans to celebrate New Year's. We departed on December 27th. and headed to Houston Tx., where we rented a car (by the way, if you haven't, try Turo I'd highly recommend it, it's way cheaper that renting a car the normal way) and there we went on a road trip to New Orleans!



The road trip was fine except that we had to go through a storm during the night, but we arrived to our airbnb safe and sound. Btw, the airbnb was really cozy, we loved it!


Our first stop next morning was the French Quarter. It was so exiting seeing the Mississippi for the first time with all the classic touristic steamboats. We didn't take the tour but it surely was a pretty view.


The whole Bourbon Street was so exiting! Full of music, people, stores, restaurants and cafés. We stopped for a drink in a very crowded bar we found, and it turned out that it was the place where they sold the famous Hand Grenade!

It was so good! But I think we drank it kinda fast 'cause when we stepped out of the bar we were kind of dizzy. It's delicious but really strong, if you happen to drink one, do it slowly!



The next dat we visited the WWII New Orleans Museum. It was really interesting watching the uniforms, gears, weapons and all the bomber aircrafts. I am always amazed by how neat and organized US museums are. This was one of the most impressive museums I've seen.



On December 31th. we wanted to try the typical New Orleans' oyster happy hour. Fer found the nicest restaurant out there. We ended up having bacon mac and cheese and three dozens of fresh oysters for 50¢ each! OMG they were probably the BEST oysters I have EVER had. DELICIOUS. Just remembering them makes my mouth watery.




That evening we went to a club to ring the New Year. We had so much champagne all my photos are really blurry, but we had the time of our lives. We had to go to a 24 hr. McDonald's at 2:00 in the morning 'cause we were so hungry!

Next day, really early, we headed back to Houston. After 5 hours in the car we finally arrived and decides to go to a shooting range that was close to our hotel. It's the second time in my life I go to one of these and I'm getting really good at it! Even when I had the worst flu ever I hit the target in the head like five times, lol.



If you haven't, visit New Orleans. The city is so beautiful and so different from everything that I have visited in the US. All the people was really nice to us and they have the most delicious sea food ever. I can't wait to go back!

Post a Comment